Job fairs aim to boost labour force
November 7, 2017
November 7, 2017, FREDERICTON (GNB) – A series of job fairs will take place in various communities during the month of November, to recruit new workers to fill job vacancies in New Brunswick.
“Your government is focused on growing the economy and creating jobs,” said Labour, Employment and Population Growth Minister Gilles LePage. “These job fairs will highlight thousands of jobs and help New Brunswickers and Canadians discover employment opportunities in our province.”
There are 3,200 jobs posted on nbjobs.ca with employers looking to fill positions across the province. Statistics Canada recently reported that the labour force in the province has declined to 377,100, the lowest estimate since 2003.
“New Brunswick’s economy is the strongest it has been in a decade, and it continues to grow,” said Economic Development Minister Francine Landry, who is also the minister responsible for Opportunities NB. “While there are thousands of New Brunswickers and Canadians looking for work, there are also thousands of positions in this province waiting to be filled. These job fairs are part of our approach to grow our labour force and assist New Brunswickers in finding rewarding careers.”
Twelve job fairs will be held in the following communities in November:
- Nov. 9 – Miramichi, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Career Information Centre, 152 Pleasant St.
- Nov. 14 – Miramichi, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Career Information Centre, 152 Pleasant St.
- Nov. 15 – Bathurst, 9 a.m. to noon, Harbourview Place, 275 Main St., Suite 300.
- Nov. 15 – Edmundston, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mgr. W.J. Conway Public Library, 33 Irène St.
- Nov. 16 – Grand Falls, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Grand Falls Town Hall, 131 Pleasant St.
- Nov. 16 – Inkerman, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Centre communautaire d’Inkerman, 122, de l’Église St.
- Nov. 17 – Miramichi, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Rodd Miramichi Hotel, 1809 Water St.
- Nov. 21 – Miramichi, 10 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Career Information Centre, 152 Pleasant St.
- Nov. 23 – Miramichi, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Kinsmen Club of Miramichi, 100 Newcastle Blvd.
- Nov. 23 – Miramichi, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Career Information Centre, 152 Pleasant St.
- Nov. 28 – Miramichi, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Career Information Centre, 152 Pleasant St.
- Nov. 29 – Saint John, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Marco Polo Cruise Terminal, 111 Water St.
A job fair took place today in Campbellton and several others earlier this fall in the Moncton and Fredericton regions.
Stephanie Bilodeau, communications, Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, 506-453-4090.
Carolyn McCormack, communications, Opportunities NB, 506-453-8168.